RFtp PRO Tips and Tidbits
Tips and Tidbits
- Use the "Large Fonts" option on your desktop's Display Properties
"Settings" page (you may need to click the Advanced button) -
it makes higher resolution displays a lot more usable!
Fine print: If this or any other software does not display properly (missing buttons, running off of the edge, etc.), notify the author! All software should behave correctly with this setting.
- To "cancel" an in-progress file transfer (or lengthy directory listing), use the Escape key on your keyboard OR click the Stop button () on the Files page toolbar (visible when available)
- Watch the titlebar for exciting and informative messages!
- FTP sites are not "remembered" until you Connect to them - Ping won't save addresses!
- RFtp PRO doesn't just remember sites - it saves entire URLs! This means that you can save an entry in the Host URL list that will go straight to a particular directory whenever you select it and Connect!
- For frequently-visited sites, use the Host Create Shortcut toolbar button to create an RFtp Shortcut
- Right-click on a selected file (or group of files) to download them from the Remote system, Delete them, or view their Properties
- Right-click on the Files window background to change your icon view or arrangement or to Logoff (and optionally Exit)
- To use RFtp PRO through a proxy / firewall server, enter the name/address of the server, e.g., "wall" or "192.168.0.22", in the Firewall / Proxy Server field of the Options page, and then use Host addresses "normally"
- To specify a non-standard FTP port# for the proxy / firewall server, append it to the server name/address, e.g., "wall:77" or "192.168.0.22:77"
- If you are having trouble with a file being transferred in ASCII (text) mode when it really should be done in Image (binary) mode, you can force the use of either mode by using the middle group of buttons on the Files page
- The Restart function may be enabled anytime before or during a transfer (well, before any errors)