RFtp PRO Support
What Is ...
"What is" glossary for [R]FTP and networking terminology.
How Do I ...
"How to" instructions for the most common operations.
FAQ (including Version 3 licenses)
The most frequently asked questions (and answers!).
Tips and Tidbits
Can't make something work? Think you found a bug? Can't find it in the "How Do I ...", "What Is ...", "FAQ", or "Tips" sections? Or even on the "Advanced Usage" page? Send e-mail to support. Naturally, if you include relevant info, such as a description of your problem, how to reproduce it, and a copy of your Log, it will help in getting you a speedy reply!
Software Version Updates
The policy for RFtp PRO updates is simple: upgrades within a major version are free! This means that if you purchase version 3.x, all releases until (but not including) version 4 will be available to you free of charge.
New releases come out approximately every 6 weeks to 3 months. They are available for download over in Updates. Note that these are only for licensed users of RFtp PRO (make sure to have your license ID ready). Finally, a corresponding release will usually be posted in the TRIAL area at the same time.
Software Release Change Summary
- Enhanced Windows 7 support and integration
- Adjustments to display of cryptographic Verify results
- The usual accross-the-board performance increases
- Added support for ASLR
- Cosmetic tweaks and adjustments
- Shell extension fully supported on Windows 32 and 64 -bit editions!
- Windows 7 recognized and supported
- Greatly enhanced parallelism in Hash sum computation/verification and intelligent progress display
- Adjustments to interpretation, display, and saving of localized dates and times
- Greatly increased speed of Hash sums computation and verification
- Performance is up and memory is down when opening local folders
- Remote Properties sheet allows direct renaming (if the server allows renaming)
- Installation no longer requires admin privileges - even on Vista!
- Introduced "intelligent" Hash sums sorting
- Improved fast scaling of progress indicator during Hash sums verification
- Adjusted "empty" Log file detection
- Numerous cosmetic/consistency tweaks to Log messages
- Large numbers of Hash sums now sorted much faster (e.g., when checking for duplicate files across all partitions)
- Errors outside of FTP protocol (e.g., local folder protected) now more visible
- Now "DPI Aware" on Vista
- Vista support now "official" (from Preliminary)
- Adjustments to tree traversal in recursive delete operations
- Translucency effect extended to Hash dialog started as Shell extension
- Expand hashing to include MD5, SHA1, SHA2 (SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512), and Whirlpool
- Automatic hash duplicate detection/highlighting (activated by sorting on hash column)
- Add "Vista-like" translucency when application is inactive
- "Unlimited" number files and directories may be specified for hashing
- Fix sometimes-incorrect handling of download links in Shell extension
- Still Preliminary Vista support
- Adress Z-ordering issues when computing MD5 sums from Shell context menus
- Fix occasional problems with displaying local file info and illegal (pre-1970) dates
- Preliminary Vista support
- Minor cosmetic changes to Details views
- New Shell extension with better Shell integration - exposes key RFtp PRO functions directly from Shell views!
- New "XP-style" context menus
- Larger and higher bit-depth ("3D-look") toolbar icons
- MD5 sums text files now [optionally] written with "/" path separator
- MD5 views now sortable - great for comparing file trees!
- Removed "watermark flicker"
- Fixed problem with remembered proxy type
- Revised handling of an unusual shutdown case
- Corrections to handling of chmod requests from "new" Properties dialog
- Corrections to "new" dropped file handling in Remote pane and on RFtp Shortcuts
- Fixed "new" management of Host restart directories
- Relaxed updating restrictions for TRIAL releases